Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has a unique demographic diversity and, unfortunately, higher than the average rate of obesity and its related problems. Due to the uniqueness of places Rapporteur on health and health is necessary to explore the region, the culture, its people and health problems and viable solutions.
Speaker / facilitator has to solve the 6 specific reasons:
1) it has a severe climate Milwaukee, sometimes heavy physical outdoor activity. The need for regular exercise with a & # 39 is an important component of health, so the master must have a viable alternative to combat the weather & # 39; it.
2) People Milwaukee are accustomed to products high in saturated fats, such as fish fries, french fries, custard and pudding. Drinking more than the average amount, typically in the form of beer. Speakers should be aware of these practices, and work to change them, not excluding them.
3) Education Level High School in Milwaukee is above average, so, despite the fact that there are 2 above complications, people usually understand the health problems in the region that they face, and are ready to find an alternative.
4) The population of the region has a long history of adaptation to the political and economic changes. Lifestyle changes will be easier to see if the praise and mention this proud history.
5) competitive sports are highly valued, and in Milwaukee, such as baseball, bowling, golf and basketball. Participation should be encouraged and emphasize as a viable source of exercise.
6) Population Milwaukee has good inherent conservative demeanor. Radical or unconventional lifestyle changes should be introduced cautiously and judiciously.
In our current era of wellness and recreation education need to focus on self-defense techniques because of the difficulty in accessing the conventional medical system. This difficulty is economical as a result of higher deductibles and co-pay health insurance.
Self-care methods include regular exercise, better food choices, stress management, and structural balance (posture and stretching). These instructions must be stored with ease and fun, highlighting the benefits for human well-being. Wide quoting statistics and research hinders the fact that the majority of the audience, they find it boring.
One of the most interesting for enterprise and industry leading research – this is what shows that every dollar spent on health improvement for employees brings the 3.85 dollar by reducing absenteeism and increasing employee productivity.
Thus, educational programs in the field of public health and health in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with & # 39 are unique and economically important, when the speaker / facilitator familiar with the region.